Most keep-purchased granolas are packed complete of oil, sugar, and sodium, but our simple oil-free granola recipe transforms this breakfast staple from an harmful snack into a wholesome address. The foundation recipe is endlessly versatile and can accommodate dozens of various include-ins depending on what flavor profile you are sensation.
Hold it very simple with a sprint of cinnamon and a handful of raisins, or take your taste buds on a vacation to India with dried mango, cashews, and warming chai spice. Truly feel no cost to mix-and-match your preferred substances, and take pleasure in a scoop of this wonderful granola around vegan yogurt or drizzled with plant-centered milk.
The Spring 2023 Problem
is right here!
Our lovely “bookazine” options skilled suggestions, inspiration, and 70 new and delectable recipes for Spring.
Base Recipe: Oil-Free Granola
45 minutes | Helps make 4 cups
Crunchy and clumpy with just a hint of sweetness from dried fruit, this fundamental granola recipe delivers the basis for the taste versions that follow, or it can be tweaked to go well with your individual preferences.
1 cup pitted dates
3 tablespoons binder of your preference (flaxseed meal, chia seeds, nut butter, or tahini)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 cups old-fashioned or thick-slice rolled oats
¾ cup coarsely chopped nuts and/or seeds
½ cup dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
2. Position dates, flaxseed meal, vanilla, and salt in a blender or food stuff processor pour 1 cup boiling water around best. Let stand 15 minutes to soften the dates, then mix until easy.
3. Transfer blended date mixture to a substantial bowl include oats and nuts/seeds. Use your hands to merge the combination (it will be sticky and doughlike).
4. Distribute combination in an even layer on the geared up baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Stir with a spatula and split granola into smaller clumps. Bake 10 minutes more stir again. Bake 5 to 10 minutes a lot more, till the granola is crisp and evenly browned. Switch off oven allow granola awesome in the oven.
5. Stir dried fruit into cooled granola. Shop in an airtight container up to 2 months.
Wholesome Granola: 5 Flavor Variations
All set to change things up? Increase a several added components to the foundation recipe to make your oil-free of charge granola additional tasty. The sky’s the restrict when it will come to the exceptional mixtures of spices, dried fruits, and nuts you can generate, but listed here are five of our favourite taste variants that will make your morning food tremendous scrumptious.
1. Chocolate-Cherry Granola
Insert ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the day combination just before blending. Use sliced almonds for the nuts/seeds and dried cherries for the dried fruit.
2. Cinnamon-Raisin Granola
Add 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon to the day mixture before mixing. Use walnuts for the nuts/seeds and raisins for the dried fruit.
3. Mango-Chai Granola
Steep 2 chai tea baggage in 1 cup boiling h2o 4 minutes. Take away tea bags and use the tea in position of the boiling h2o to soften the day combination. Insert ½ teaspoon Floor ginger to the date combination right before mixing. Use chopped cashews for the nuts/seeds and dried mango for the dried fruit. Idea: If you prefer decaf tea, try out rooibos chai.
4. Pumpkin-Cranberry Granola
Add 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice to the day combination right before blending. Use uncooked pepitas for the nuts/seeds and dried cranberries for the dried fruit.
5. Peanut Butter-Blueberry Granola
Use peanut butter for the binder in the day mixture. Use uncooked unsalted peanuts for the nuts/ seeds and dried blueberries for the dried fruit.
Paradise Located: 7 Plant-Primarily based Resorts on Our Bucket Listing
4-Ingredient No-Knead French Bread Recipe: Fresh Crusty Homemade Bread in 3 Hours | Bread/Muffins
A crispy rice and salmon salad recipe just right for spring
24 Kid-Friendly Recipes – The New York Times