Table of Contents
Expanded several hours for SEA Location Saver, new eats at N Concourse, Cellular Passport, and be knowledgeable of building as you approach ahead
Travelers heading out for the mid-winter season break of Presidents Working day are reminded to plan in advance for an less difficult encounter as a result of Seattle-Tacoma Intercontinental Airport (SEA).
The airport expanded several hours for its absolutely free SEA Location Saver support, which will save valuable time in the TSA checkpoints, ideal for families who want to consider the stress out of safety screening. A no cost support from United States Customs and Border Defense, Mobile Passport Command, can pace international tourists via arrival. What else is new? Love new retail and eating options now open at N Concourse, and get ready for Improve SEA development on the skybridges, the control, and in baggage claim.
These guidelines need to enable any traveler, but those with early flights must take the most care. Usually, far more than a single-third of our day by day quantity arrives at the airport prior to 9:00 a.m. Tourists heading out before 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. should be geared up for incredibly active problems at TSA security and on the drives. Use these suggestions to skip the line.
Check out out the flySEA application for your most recent updates and be completely ready to vacation!
Skip the Line
Get via protection quickly! The absolutely free SEA Location Saver application expanded its early morning and evening several hours to pace you via TSA screening. Signal-up 72 hours in progress on the web or at the terminal with a QR code up coming to the checkpoints.
- Going to Mexico or a further intercontinental destination for your holiday? Obtain the Cell Passport Command app just before you go away dwelling. Add your travel facts as you land back at SEA. Obtain your bags and go straight to a devoted line in the arrival corridor. Your whole loved ones can finish the customs approach from a solitary mobile unit.
- Stay away from the hassles of driving and parking with Sound Transit’s Link gentle rail. Airport parking will be a obstacle. Consider alternate modes of transportation to/from the airport like a taxi or trip share solution.
- If driving and parking is your most effective alternative, the new automatic parking steering system upgrades your practical experience in the garage with effortless-to-use lights that signifies offered stalls. Or Swap it up to Speed it Up! Steer clear of the airport’s longest visitors lines by using the arrivals/lessen degree to drop off in the morning and departures/upper stage to decide on up in the night.
- Try out Purchase SEA, a mobile ordering service that will allow you to decide up foods on the way to your gate. Get via the SEA Airport application.
Check out A little something New
- New eats are offered at N Concourse — Nine new places opened a short while ago and are all set for you to learn. Rookies consist of the initially at any time Costa Coffee retail area at a U.S. airport — a staple in the U.K.!
- The Central Terminal is accomplished! Salty’s at the SEA and BrewTop Social and the new Amex Lounge comprehensive this spacious modernization. Occur again for more seating, dining selections, and the ideal airport views.
We’re Upgrading SEA
- Improve SEA highlights much more than $4.6 billion in improvements underway about the upcoming 5-a long time, here’s a weblog for more facts.
- Development for basic safety and accessibility advancements regrettably indicates short term closures together garage skybridges and the airport drives.
- A big new ticketing region renovation job has spillover impacts in the baggage claim area.
By The Numbers
This holiday will be just about back again to usual. The forecast for the interval Thursday as a result of Tuesday is passenger vacation via the protection checkpoints will be at 98% of 2019 degrees (about 12 % more than previous 12 months) – some 308,000 passengers departing by means of the checkpoints or extra than 830,000 over-all as a result of the airport (departing, arriving, and connecting).
The busiest times are envisioned to be Friday just before the holiday at 159,000 travelers overall, followed by Tuesday at 152,000, and Thursday at 146,000. TSA security checkpoints are busiest at SEA from 5:00 – 10:00 a.m., 2:00 – 5:00 p.m., and 9:00 –11:00 p.m.
For 2022, SEA was just less than 46 million travellers (45,964,321), 27.1 percent around 2021 and down 11.3 % vs . 2019. Projections for 2023 is for traffic ranges to be small of 2019 ranges by only 6 p.c for the calendar year with pre-pandemic levels returning in 2024.Dig in more on our Airport Stats page.
What is the Greatest Suggestions for Vacationers?
- Get in this article early! Based on your needs, you may possibly need to have a lot more time. Make confident you’re at the airport at minimum two hours before your boarding time for a domestic flight and three hrs right before an global flight
- Be prepped with your airline ahead of time! Make confident you check out their baggage insurance policies, examine in, and have all their applications downloaded for efficient travel. See our greatest baggage recommendations!
- Basic safety Initially Stay away from Shoulder Parking — Vehicles are inspired to use the new reconfigured cellphone large amount and stay away from hazardous parking along the shoulder of the airport drives. Violators will be cited as the Port of Seattle Law enforcement are performing with the Washington Point out Patrol for emphasis patrols during the holiday.
Give me the Traveler Fundamental principles
- The CDC advice for tourists adjustments based on your COVID-19 vaccination status. Test with your airline for the state or state wherever you system to travel.
- Be prepared for safety checkpoints. SEA and TSA want to help you shift by as swiftly as probable. Tourists are necessary to get rid of electronics larger sized than a cell mobile phone from have-on luggage. Also, get rid of foodstuff and liquids from your carry-on baggage and prepare to keep up your boarding move for review. You can also see the newest Identification and Documentation Specifications.
- Require a lot more vacation hacks? Our Buyer Treatment crew has the finest information to navigate SEA like a repeated flier.
- SEA continues to include new expert services to make journey far more accessible and strengthen the travel encounter over and above the Americans with Disabilities Act specifications. Check out our SEA Social Story developed for tourists with sensory sensitivities these types of as autism, but also excellent over-all ideas for young ones. Discover far more about accessibility at SEA. The interactive map on the flySEA App features obtainable route instructions.
- Test with the City of SeaTac to see if there are any highway construction tasks that may hinder your entry to the airport.
Make contact with
Perry Cooper | Port of Seattle Senior Media Officer
(206) 787-4923 | [email protected]